Disruptive Tech, Consumer Tech, Gaming, Augmented Reality, Geo-location
Niantic is a software company focused on augmented reality mobile games. The company was spun out of Google in October 2015. The company launched the mobile game Pokémon Go in July 2016, and the game became an overnight global phenomenon. The game topped app store charts in most regions for top-free app and top-grossing app, and Apple announced the app had the most downloads in a first week ever.
- Pokémon Go Maker Pledges at Least $5M to Black Creators and Non-Profits
- Niantic Adds 'Reality Blending' to Pokémon Go to Make Your Virtual Pals Even More Realistic
- The CEO Behind 'Pokémon Go' Explains Why It's Become Such a Phenomenon
- The Future Of Mapping, According To The Creators Of Google Earth
- Why 'Pokémon GO' Is The World's Most Important Game
- Niantic is opening its AR platform so others can make games like Pokémon Go